PLIM undertakes lobby and advocacy work to influence the development and implementation of effective national anti-corruption strategies to combat corruption in Zimbabwe. In line with this objective, PLIM works with the Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission (ZACC) and other key anti-corruption value chain stakeholders to harmonize efforts for greater impact as well as facilitate opportunities for best practice and peer learning from regional and international contexts. The unit advocates and monitors the implementation of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC) review mechanism which assesses obligations and progress by state parties in the implementation of measures to fight corruption. Its main objective is hence to lobby and influence the development and implementation of effective national anti-corruption strategies to combat corruption in Zimbabwe.
- National Anti-Corruption Agencies
- Law Enforcement Agencies
- Civil society in Anti-Corruption Work
- Broad citizenry
Modes of operation
PLIM operates through a broad range of tools to bring together different stakeholders from different backgrounds to advocate the case of fighting corruption.
- Ethics and Accountability Forums: These public dialogue forums on transparency and accountability bring together government, private sector and civil society on issues of strategic interest
- National Anti-Corruption Strategy Dialogue Meetings: This platform brings together key anti-corruption stakeholders to discuss formulation and implementation of effective anti-corruption strategies including sharing knowledge on regional and international best practices
- UNCAC advocacy and monitoring: Conducting advocacy and monitoring of the implementation of UNCAC peer review mechanism recommendations
- Training of Anti-Corruption Agencies: PLIM conducts training programs to strengthen the capacity of anti-corruption value chain stakeholders
- Policy briefing papers: PLIM develops policy briefing papers on key positions to influence policy formulation and implementation